Since 2005, the Journal Politeia runs a contest among young scholars for a Salmin Award in Political Science named after Aleksey Salmin, the founder of the Journal.
- Junior scholars, researches in think tanks and analytical centers, graduate and undergraduate students under the age of 30 at the moment of applying are invited to participate in the annual international contest for the Salmin Award in Political Science.
- Priority will be given to the research areas that correspond to Salmin’s scientific interests, which are comparative analysis of political cultures, democratic institutions, federalism and church-state relations. Note that focus on Russia is not necessary. Works on the related topics will be considered as well.
- Papers must not exceed the length of 8,000 words.
- Applicants should send their papers to the following email address with a subject line “Contest”: email@example.com.
- Every year the deadline for submission is December 31st. The winners will be announced in the second half of February the following year. –
- The results of a contest are determined by the Committee composed of the Editor-in-Chief of the journal Politeia, Deputy Editors-in-Chief of the journal Politeia, Chairman of the Editorial Board of the journal Politeia, Deputy Chairmen of the Editorial of the journal Politeia.
- The best papers submitted for a contest are recommended for publication in the journal Politeia (even before the final results of the contest are announced). Only original works in English or Russian are accepted. The papers must meet Politeia’s submission and formatting guidelines (http://politeia.ru/english/content/pravila-predostavlenija-rukopisej/).
- According to the results of the contest, the first-place winner receives a cash prize of 40,000 rubles, the second-place winner - 30,000 rubles, and the third-place winner - 20,000. The Committee reserves the right to withhold an award of any level if the submitted papers fall short of the expected quality.